All Things Thanksgiving 2023
by Thea Miller
We love planning our Thanksgiving menu. Let us help you get started with all the details on our fresh turkeys, heat & serve sides, wine tips, and much more.
Let's Talk Turkey
Our butcher shop is taking orders for Fresh All-Natural Turkeys now! Order in-store or by phone: 608-833-2893
Free Range, Vegetarian Feed. No Antibiotics, Steroids, or Hormones
- Whole Turkeys $3.49 lb (raw), 8-12#, 12-16#, 16-20#, 20-24#, 24# & up
- Turkey Breast $4.99 lb (raw) 4-8#, 8-10# & 10-12#
Check out our Turkey 101 for cooking instructions
Heat & Serve Sides*
Our deli/café will have heat & serve sides. All Orders must be placed by Saturday 11/18*
- Traditional Sausage Stuffing $9.99 lb
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes $7.99 lb
- Country-Style Cranberry Sauce $10.99 lb
- Southern-style candied Sweet Potatoes with Georgia Pecans $10.99 lb
- Savory Roasted Turkey Gravy $10.99 lb
- Green Bean Casserole $9.99lb
* All orders must be in 1lb increments. Limited quantities are available in-store. Ordering in advance is highly recommended.
From the Bakery
Order in-store or by phone: 608-833-2893
Rolling Pin Bakery Pies $24.99 each
Poyer's Orchard Mama Mary's Frozen Pies $13.99
The tart flavor of cranberries is essential to balance out the rich flavors on your holiday table. If you’re looking for an alternative to canned, we’ve got three great selections for you!
- Brennan's Cranberry Relish $9.99 With hints of orange, cinnamon, and nutmeg, this all-natural fruit relish is delicious served on pancakes, and turkey sandwiches and as a replacement for cranberry sauce at your holiday table. Pair with Brie or mix with cream cheese for an autumn-inspired dip.
- Elki Lingonberry Sauce $9.99: Perfection with Swedish Meatballs. Serve alongside a cheese platter, use in a panini sandwich with roast turkey and Camembert or Brie cheese or spread on a toasted English muffin, scone, or as a cheesecake topping.
- Tait Farms Cranberry Orange Conserve $8.99: A classic pairing of flavors - tart cranberries mixed with organic fresh oranges, a hint of spice, and a tad of sugar. This exquisite conserve can be used at breakfast and as a side dish for Thanksgiving dinner. Pair with Brie or cream cheese.
Create a Delicious Thanksgiving Cheese Board
This appetizer recipe is easy to make and a showstopper!
- 1 soft cheese (Rock 'n Rolla Gorgonzola, Brie)
- 2 semi-soft cheese (Gouda, Baby Swiss, Havarti, Brick)
- 1 hard cheese (Aged Cheddar, Parmesan, Aged Swiss)
- Brennan's Apple Crisps or Caramelized Onion Crackers
- Cured Meats: Salami (Driftless Provisions or Brennan's)
- Nuts: Fortune Favors, cashews or cinnamon-roasted almonds
- Tait Farms Apple or Pear Chutney
- Fresh or Dried Fruit (grapes, pear or apple slices, dried apricots, figs or cranberries)
- Brennan's Leaf Cookies
Simply assemble ingredients all over the board until the cheese board is completely full and you can't see the board.
Brock's Thanksgiving Wine/Cider Selections
Treehouse big LITTLE White Pinot Noir
Leelanau Peninsula, Michigan
Bruised red fruits brushed with oak and ripe pear. Dry and crisp. Treehouse is made from 100% Pinot Noir grapes that were hand-picked and whole cluster pressed. Neutral oak primary and malolactic fermentations, and abundant lees contact give this wine its curves.
Pair with: A fantastic Midwest alternative to Chardonnay that pairs exceptionally well with the entire classic Thanksgiving spread. The hint of red fruit and oak spice help to meld the flavors of turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce.
La Vielle Ferme Rouge
The Perrin family selects Grenache, Syrah, Carignan and Cinsault, vinifying in a manner reflecting their Châteauneuf tradition. This is a richly fruity and supple wine, ruby-purple colored, with aromas of cassis and herbs, flavors of plum and blackberry on the palate and a hint of bell pepper.
Pair with: The medium body, good acid and typical French herbal character go well with the flavors of sage, rosemary and thyme. The juicy fruitiness also plays well with grilled game meats.
Boundary Breaks Gewurztraminer
Seneca Lake, New York
Bright aromas of lychee, rose and Mandarin orange give off an almost sweet sensation on the nose. The palate is unmistakably dry, with taut fruit flavors of pear & lychee and an earthy, floral note finish.
Pair With: Unmistakable sweet aromas put you in the mindset for dessert – BUT – this dry expression is actually fantastic throughout the meal. The aromas will highlight complimentary smells from the table, while the off-dry, fruity flavors give a nice pop to any of the rich, savory side dishes like cheesy mashed potatoes or corn casserole. The fine acidity perfectly cleanses your tongue between bites.
Innocent Bystander Pink Moscato
It opens with floral notes, elderflower and rose with an energy reminiscent of white pepper. These then move into sweeter flavors of honey and strawberries. The honey evolves into subtle wisps of cotton candy. A clean finish with hints of tomato plant leaves your pallet wanting more!
Pair With: A party! This is a straightforward wine that is tons of fun and is very agreeable to everything served for the holiday. From the semi-sweet flavors to the lively carbonation, this one will be the first bottle opened and the first you run out of!
Island Orchard Pear Cider
Ellison Bay, Wisconsin
Dry and light. Ripe with a distinctive pear flavor. Pear is a delicate balance of two pears. Bartlett imparts the aromatics. Bosc delivers the dry tannins and complexity.
Pair With: Cheese and butter! Pear cider is the perfect foil to the heavy dairy dishes we tend to see for turkey day. Made in a Normandy style (a bit sweeter), but balanced with the tannic pear skin and good carbonation. Sip this with hors d'oeuvres, during the meal, or as a fantastic after-dinner digestif paired with pear tart or pecan pie.
Les Vergers de la Colline Le Glace Ice Cider
A Québec original, this ice cider is golden blond in color, with fresh and exuberant mouth-watering scents of hazelnut, and peach fragrances. It has an intense and velvety taste with a dominance of apple followed by a hint of enticing butterscotch and vanilla. Full bodied, finely inlaid balance of acidity and sugar with a very nice length. The must obtained from frozen fruit pressed in January is frozen again. That intensifies sugar concentration before low temperature fermentation begins, which preserves and seals every flavor and aroma.
Pair with: Excellent from beginning to end, lovely with a foie gras mousse, or to enhance blue cheese, and delicious with French pastries. Ice Cider is not very common, so this is a special treat to open and share with friends and family.
Please note: We are closed on Thanksgiving Day.